Have you walked your penguin today?

Tuesday 9 October 2007

Motherhood

Sweet baby of mine you embraced my heart and stole my breath away.
Unknown

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
A.A. Milne

Joined in heart, May the two of us never part.

There came a moment quite suddenly a mother realised that a child was no longer hers. ... without bothering to ask or even give notice, her daughter had just grown up.
Alice Hoffman

How wide and sweet and wild motherhood & sisterhood can be.

Rebecca Wells

to My Beautiful Daughters
I made you this book especially to show you,
That together, the two of you
Make my heart complete.
May you always have each other to love,
& remember with every heartbeat
a piece of your heart belongs to your sister.
Love Mum XOXO

A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point. That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know.

Mistinguett

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
Elizabeth Stone

Sweet baby of mine you embraced my heart and stole my breath away.
Unknown

A child fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty.
Anon


A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
Washington Irving (1783-1859)

Being a mother has made my life complete.
Darcy Bussell

My mother is my mirror and I am hers.
What so we see?
Our face grown young again.
Marge Piercy

A man never stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Knights of Pythagoras

It is what we discover on our journey as sisters that opens our eyes and minds to true understanding of each other


You make every day special just by being you.
Fred Rogers

If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart ill stay there forever.
Winnie the pooh

A mother’s love is a blessing that knows every emotion for it endures them all,
So know that no matter what,
I will always have the strength to catch you if you fall.
Wendy Silva

I love thee
I love but thee
With a love that shall not die
Till the sun grows cold
and the stars grow old

No joys on earth bring greater pleasure than a little girl to love and to treasure.
Unknown

Virtue and happiness are mother and daughter.
Benjamin Franklin

Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.”
Virginia Satir

God sends children to enlarge our hearts, and to make us unselfish and full of kindly sympathies and affections.”
Mary Howitt

“This is my wish for you:
Comfort on difficult days,
smiles when sadness intrudes,
rainbows to follow the clouds,
laughter to kiss your lips,
sunsets to warm your heart,
hugs when spirits sag,
beauty for your eyes to see,
friendships to brighten your being,
faith so that you can believe,
confidence for when you doubt,
courage to know yourself,
patience to accept the truth,
Love to complete your life.”

“Bitter are the tears of a child: Sweeten them. Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them. Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him. Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.”
Pamela Glenconner

Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future.
Gail Lumet Buckley

EXCUSE THIS HOUSE
Some houses try to hide the fact
That children shelter there;
Ours boast of it quite openly.
The signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges on the doors;
I should apologize, I guess.
For toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children
And we played and laughed and read;
And if the doorbell doesn't shine,
Their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose
The one job or the other;
I'd like to cook and clean and scrub,
But first I'll be a mother
Author Unknown

“If you want children to keep their feet on the ground,
put some responsibility on their shoulders.”
Abigail Van Buren

The story of a mother's life: Trapped between a scream and a hug."
Cathy Guisewite

No comments: